The Pie Crust:
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, diced
- 1 large egg, whisked together
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 15 slices pepperoni
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Add the almond flour, coconut flour, salt, xanthan gum, and vinegar into a food processor. Pulse a few times, then add the cold butter. Continue pulsing until the pie dough looks like bread crumbs. Add the egg to the food processor and pulse again. The dough will be able to be formed into a ball. Wrap with plastic wrap and chill for 45-60 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a pie plate and a piece of foil with nonstick spray then set aside.
4. Layer half of the mozzarella and pepperoni inside the pie crust. In a mixing bowl whisk the eggs, heavy cream, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper together.
5. Pour the eggs into the pie crust, coating the pepperoni and cheese. Sprinkle the top with the remaining cheese and pepperoni.
6. Cover with foil then bake for about 35-45 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking for another 15 minutes or until the eggs are fully set.